The Big Apple Knitters Guild meets on the second Saturday of every month, from 1 to 4 PM (unless otherwise specified) from September through June. Our general meetings include:
- Featured Guest Speakers—learn the latest from experts in the knitting world!
- Show and Tell—present your finished projects to an appreciative audience!
- Members-Only Raffle—win a skein of luxury yarn at our raffle drawing each month!
- Knit Labs—improve your knitting skills with help from fellow BAKG members!
- Charity Knitting Table—knit for those in need!
- KALs—join a knit-along and complete a project with the help of friends!
Come and join us! Guests are welcome—first visit is free; a nominal guest fee of $5 is charged on subsequent visits. This fee may be applied to annual dues if paid on the meeting day.
2016 – 2017 Meeting Schedule and Featured Speakers
September 10: Melissa Leapman
October 8: Trisha Malcolm of Vogue Knitting
November 12: Iris Schreier of Artyarns
December 10: Kirsten Kapur and Gale Zucker
January 21: BAKG Annual Auction
February 7*: Shira Blumenthal of Lion Brand
March 11: Monika Sirna
April 1: Sven Risom of North Light Fibers
May 13: Nancy Ketner of Sweet Fleece Farm
June 10: Members Share-the-Talent Day
September 9: Patty Lyons
October 14: Ron Miskin of Buffalo Wool Co.
November 11: Trisha Malcolm of Vogue Knitting
December 9: Kate Kosturski – Ravelry 101
*Tuesday, 6 – 9 pm
For details about the next meeting, click here.
For more information about our meetings, contact BAKG Program Chair, Robin Sanderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.