The Big Apple Knitters Guild meets on the second Saturday of every month, from 1 to 4 PM (unless otherwise specified) from September through June. Our general meetings include:
- Featured Guest Speakers—learn the latest from experts in the knitting world!
- Show and Tell—present your finished projects to an appreciative audience!
- Members-Only Raffle—win a skein of luxury yarn at our raffle drawing each month!
- Knit Labs—improve your knitting skills with help from fellow BAKG members!
- Charity Knitting Table—knit for those in need!
- KALs—join a knit-along and complete a project with the help of friends!
Come and join us! Guests are welcome—first visit is free; a nominal guest fee of $5 is charged on subsequent visits. This fee may be applied to annual dues if paid on the meeting day.
2018-2019 Meeting Schedule and Featured Speakers
September 8: Karida Collins of Neighborhood Fiber Co.
October 13: Susan Guagliumi – machine knitter and author
November 10: Trisha Malcolm of Vogue Knitting
December 8: Steven Berg of StevenBe
January 8: Shira Blumental of Lion Brand
February 9: BAKG Annual Auction
March 9: Denise Bell of Lost City Knits
April 13: Pat Olski – designer, teacher, author
May 11: Dalis Davidson of Dancing Leaf Farm
June 8: Members Share the Talent
September 14: Sarah Solomon – designer, teacher
October 12: Rebecca Kevelson of Clinton Hill Cashmere Co.
November 9: Trisha Malcolm of Vogue Knitting
December 14: Marcy Winter of Delicious Yarns
For details about the next meeting, click here.
For more information about our meetings, contact BAKG Program Chair, Robin Sanderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.