IMPORTANT NOTICE: All currently scheduled in-person BAKG events are suspended until further notice. Currently scheduled virtual meetings are for BAKG members only.
The Big Apple Knitters Guild meets on the second Saturday of every month, from 1 to 4 PM (unless otherwise specified) from September through June. Our general meetings include:
- Featured Guest Speakers—learn the latest from experts in the knitting world!
- Show and Tell—present your finished projects to an appreciative audience!
- Members-Only Raffle—win a skein of luxury yarn at our raffle drawing each month!
- Beginners Circle—improve your knitting skills with help from fellow BAKG members!
- Charity Knitting Table—knit for those in need!
- KALs—join a knit-along and complete a project with the help of friends!
Come and join us! Guests are welcome—first visit is free; a nominal guest fee of $5 is charged on subsequent visits. This fee may be applied to annual dues if paid on the meeting day.
2020 Meeting Schedule and Featured Speakers
Members-Only Events – Virtual General Meetings, held by Zoom
Saturday, June 13: Lisa Myers, Director of Fairmont Fibers (sole distributor of Manos del Uruguay Yarns)
Saturday, July 25: Mary Jean Packer, Owner, Battenkill Fiber
Saturday, August 8: Melissa Leapman, Author and Designer
Details for these events are provided in members-only communications. To ensure security, membership status will need to be confirmed when logging on to each meeting.
In-Person Events: Currently Suspended until further notice
September 26: Carol Sulcoski
October 10: Lars Rains
November 14: Carla Scott – Vogue Knitting
December 12: Paula Kucera – White Barn Sheep and Wool Co.
For details about the next meeting, click here.
For more information about our meetings, contact BAKG Programs Chair Sharon Willard, at email@example.com.