IMPORTANT NOTICE: All currently scheduled in-person BAKG events are suspended until further notice. Currently scheduled virtual meetings are for BAKG members only.
The Big Apple Knitters Guild meets on the second Saturday of every month, from 1 to 4 PM (unless otherwise specified) from September through June. Our general meetings include:
- Featured Guest Speakers—learn the latest from experts in the knitting world!
- Show and Tell—present your finished projects to an appreciative audience!
- Members-Only Raffle—win a skein of luxury yarn at our raffle drawing each month!
- Beginners Circle—improve your knitting skills with help from fellow BAKG members!
- Charity Knitting Table—knit for those in need!
- KALs—join a knit-along and complete a project with the help of friends!
Come and join us! At live meetings, guests are welcome—first visit is free; a nominal guest fee of $5 is charged on subsequent visits. This fee may be applied to annual dues if paid on the meeting day.
2020 Meeting Schedule and Featured Speakers
Members-Only Events – Virtual General Meetings, held by Zoom
Saturday, June 13: Lisa Myers, Director of Fairmont Fibers (sole distributor of Manos del Uruguay Yarns)
Saturday, July 25: Mary Jean Packer, Owner, Battenkill Fiber
Saturday, August 8: Melissa Leapman, Author and Designer
September 26: Carol Sulcoski
October 10: Lars Rains
November 14: Carla Scott – Vogue Knitting
December 12: Paula Kucera – White Barn Sheep and Wool Co.
Details for these events are provided in members-only communications. To ensure security, membership status will need to be confirmed when logging on to each meeting.
For details about the next meeting, click here.
For more information about our meetings, contact BAKG Programs Chair Sharon Willard, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BAKG general meetings, workshops or other BAKG-sponsored events, whether in person or virtual, may be photographed and/or recorded by audio and/or video. By your in-person or virtual participation in these events, you consent to the photography and/or recording and to the use of your image and/or recording in print and social media.