The Big Apple Knitters Guild meets on the second Saturday of every month, from 1 to 4 PM (unless otherwise specified) from September through June. Our general meetings include:
- Featured Guest Speakers—learn the latest from experts in the knitting world!
- Show and Tell—present your finished projects to an appreciative audience!
- Members-Only Raffle—win a skein of luxury yarn at our raffle drawing each month!
- Knit Labs—improve your knitting skills with help from fellow BAKG members!
- Charity Knitting Table—knit for those in need!
- KALs—join a knit-along and complete a project with the help of friends!
Come and join us! Guests are welcome—first visit is free; a nominal guest fee of $5 is charged on subsequent visits. This fee may be applied to annual dues if paid on the meeting day.
2017-2018 Meeting Schedule and Featured Speakers
September 9: Patty Lyons, teacher and designer
October 14: Lise Wilson of The Buffalo Wool Co.
November 11: Trisha Malcolm of Vogue Knitting
December 9: Kate Kosturski – Ravelry 101
January 20: BAKG Annual Auction
February 10: Védís Jónsdóttir, designer
March 10: Amy Herzog, designer and author
April 14: Keith Leonard, professional knitwear finisher
May 12: Jesse Ksanznak of Yarn Over New York
June 9: Members Share-the-Talent Day
September 8: Karida Collins of Neighborhood Fiber Co.
October 13: Susan Guagliumi, machine knitter and author
November 10: Trisha Malcolm of Vogue Knitting
December 8: Steven Berg of StevenBe
For details about the next meeting, click here.
For more information about our meetings, contact BAKG Program Chair, Robin Sanderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.